Submit to Chinquapin!
Thank you for your interest in submitting to Chinquapin Literary Magzine!
The deadline for 2022 is February 10th. Please submit using the button below.
- We accept all forms of work that can be printed in a magazine such as short fiction, poetry, visual art (paintings, photography, sketches, digital art, etc.) or creative work that defies a definition or category.
- We only accept submissions from CURRENT UCSC STUDENTS
- Fiction, non-fiction and poetry pieces should be no longer than 1000 words (12 point font double spaced) and submitted in .doc or .docx format. NO PDF.
- Art and photography should be submitted in a TIFF, JPG/JPEG, or PNG file.
- You may submit up to 3 pieces total for consideration.
- All submissions are read blind, so names should not be included within the body or file name of the document.
- When writing about real life experiences, fictionalized or not, please refrain from using real names. We love to publish deeply personal and honest work, but as a professional publication we must respect privacy and consider possible legal issues.
If there are any questions about the submission guidelines or any other concerns we can be reached at email@example.com