Submit to Chinquapin!
The submission window for 2021 has now closed. Thank you for your interest. Please check back next year if you’d like to submit!
The deadline for 2022 is January 31st.
- We accept all forms of work that can be printed in a magazine such as short fiction, poetry, visual art (paintings, photography, sketches, digital art, etc.) or creative work that defies a definition or category.
- We only accept submissions from CURRENT UCSC STUDENTS
- Fiction, non-fiction and poetry pieces should be no longer than 1000 words (12 point font double spaced) and submitted in .doc or .docx format. NO PDF.
- Art and photography should be submitted in a TIFF, JPG/JPEG, or PNG file.
- You may submit up to 3 pieces total for consideration.
- All submissions are read blind, so names should not be included within the body or file name of the document.
- When writing about real life experiences, fictionalized or not, please refrain from using real names. We love to publish deeply personal and honest work, but as a professional publication we must respect privacy and consider possible legal issues.
If there are any questions about the submission guidelines or any other concerns we can be reached at email@example.com